Monday, March 4, 2013

Remembering Pugnacious P! (part 1)

It was hard to narrow down some of my favorite posts from Payton's blog.  


So many cute pictures and great memories.  In fact, have I ever told you about the photo above that is the Pugnacious P header?  It is probably my favorite picture of Payton.  It was taken in the fall or early winter about 3-4 months after she got sick at approximately age 3 1/2.  You can't tell, but she still didn't have any hair on the back of her neck from the spinal tap and MRI, but had her thick, full coat of fur everywhere else.  She hadn't really begun to turn grey in the muzzle.  What I love so much about it though is the look on her face.  You can see what a fighter she is, like she is telling the world to watch out!  Oh, my pretty girl.

The posts I chose today all focus on the photos.  I love her stunning face, like in this post where she was really working it for the camera.

And I love to see how she aged so gracefully.  Here are two similar posts where the pictures were taken years apart.


Lastly, this post really shows off her beautiful life.   

I am so enamored with the photos taken in her last year with us.  Every time I day dream and picture her in my mind, she is older.  You could see the toughness and sass in her eyes.  You could see that she had been through so much in her life and she wouldn't give any of it up.  There was just something about how her jowls hung a little bit more and the grey hair - so striking.  No doubt she was a real looker, simply gorgeous.

Love,
Christy

14 comments:

  1. Your story always touches my heart Christy and brings the tears. Thank you much for sharing.
    stella and maggie's momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her wink wink photo : ) Payton forever in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was a beautiful little girl, and I'm so glad you wrote this lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved the shadow and light series of photos. Of course, that picture of Payton as a baby is so precious. I'm really glad for you that you took so many photos of Payton later in life - it is wonderful to be able to look upon those and smile. There is a picture I have of Rooney that almost appears to come to life when I stare at it for long periods of time. It is so wonderful to be able to go back and share a moment with the pug(s) of our past.

    -Tamara+Rupert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful memories of Payton. We love how you turned the header picture into a watercolor painting.
    BIG pughugs
    Bailey, Hazel, Greta & Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I particularly love the sun and shadow pictures. Payton was an amazing girl

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't read this post at work because I knew I'd get teary-eyed. Payton was such an amazing little dog with such a fierce spirit. You shared her with us, and I sincerely appreciate that gift.

    Wishing you peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great to see you and Tim this afternoon and meet Donald and Daisy! They are beautiful little sweethearts.

    Reading this brings tears to my eyes! Payton was a wonderful girl and brought so much joy. I only knew her through the blog but I miss her very much.

    Love, Ellen & the Fab Five
    Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty & Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you're revisiting pictures of Payton with us, thank you. We all love Miss P and miss her spunky posts and sunbeam pictures.

    ♥♥♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing...the header picture is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was nice to look at those photos again. The first post is great - I can't believe you guys were able to catch her winking. :)

    She had a lot of personality which comes through in all the photos.

    Miss you, Payton!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such nice memories, I feel like I knew her. My favorite picture is of you two in the mathcing hoodie sweatchirts. She just looked so proud to be dressed like mommy. I lost my Megan a few weeks ago and I'm so glad for all of the pictures I have. It still hurts to look at them, but I can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the photos of Angel Payton... and she so looked like she enjoyed having her photos taken. I think she knew she could make people smile!
    Thank you for sharing
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such sweet memories... we love the posts of Payton sitting in the sun.

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Brutus & Ellie

    ReplyDelete