Monday, March 11, 2013

Remembering Pugnacious P! (part 2)

When I think about Payton, inevitably I remember how crazy she was about food.

 
Many of you may recognize this photo as Payton's Blogger profile pic.  It was taken on a sunny day in St. Louis when Tim and I took our girl to The Boathouse in Forest Park for lunch by the water and then a romp in the fields by the Museum of Art.  It would have been the perfect day for an ice cream cone.  Like the time we made a special treat for Payton.
http://pugnaciousp.blogspot.com/2011/06/cone-destroyer.html

She was always a happy pug eating out with us...or eating in with us too...she wasn't picky.  Here's a post showing P's normal spot during meal times, regardless of our location.
http://pugnaciousp.blogspot.com/2011/10/under-table.html 

I can't recall too many times that she wasn't in the kitchen with me when I was messing around.  She was the best sous chef I could ask for.  And of course during clean up after eating, so would always do her part to make sure no crumbs were left behind in the dining room.
http://pugnaciousp.blogspot.com/2011/12/wordless-wednesdaypatroling-dining-room.html

Payton was never to proud to beg.  She would paw at us and bark trying to convince us to share.  I know that she would have thought about sticking out her tongue at us when we didn't give her a nibble, just like in this post.

I think you will all agree with me that this video, and Payton's "focused" eyes, show just how much she loved food.


There's no doubt she had it good, but I do wish we had given in to her a bit more.  She deserved it.  :-)

Love,
Christy  

12 comments:

  1. I was reading a book last night called, "Remembering Maggie" and I thought about your life adventure with Payton, and how knowing her and experiencing her life has changed and blessed you guys. There was a line in the book that said, " they know its time to move on when we as their parents have learned the lessons they have taught us."
    Thinking of you today.
    Stella Rose and Maggies Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little girl! What a happy memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that video is precious, its so hard to watch the videos of our late babies but they are such a gift. watching videos of our late pug Bingo always brings a tear to my eye

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video is hysterical! Oh Miss Payton, what a silly girl!

    Scarlet has excellent stare down eyes too, sometimes I want to give in but try not to...

    ♥♥♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is impossible to say No to those eyes.
    We pugs are really good at that : )
    Payton proves it !

    Hugs to Auntie and Uncle B.
    We love you~

    Sammy and Neko

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great video of Payton eating! Yes, I think she loved it!!! What a sweet girl!
    Love to you all~ Gretta and the whole fam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I remember from photos and the video of how Angel Payton loved food. Her eyes got reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal BIG!
    We love reliving these wonderful memories. We think of Angel Payton every day- every time we see a star in the sky.
    Tonight I will go outside and find Angel Paytons star-and make a wish- just like I always do. I know you know exactly where that star is!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the smiles in these photos and those EYES!!! so big! Wonderful memories!
    love & hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her eyes are about to pop out of her head, but who could blame her! ;)

    -Tamara+Rupert

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh she was just like Sam Cooper is now! His eyes bug out at the sight of food. Actually... Winston is just as bad. Yup, a true pug trait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Payton was just like me with food, focused fully on the delicious nom-ables, the video was soooo funny to watch and such great memories of Payton and her food loving! Amazing memeories and such wonderful food! Droooool.....
    Love, Licks and Hugs from your furiend Frank and Jem (Mum) xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete